Craps Rule: Your Profitable Learning Starts Now
Since its arrival on websites around the world, the Craps knows a phenomenal surge, and more and more players now want to bet on the tables offered by online casinos. If you are on this page, you are certainly one of these dice game enthusiasts. To allow you to become an ace, our craps guide allows you to discover here one by one and in detail each rule of craps, such as the father of this game - John H. Winn - had established its operation in the form that we know it today. Let's now discover how to play craps by exploring the rules of craps: thrills are guaranteed!
From the craps mat to the course of the game: here are the fundamental elements to know before starting
The rule of craps is relatively simple, as you will see. In craps, the goal of the game is to determine the outcome of rolling two dice. To do this, the player will bet on the rolls. How many people are at a craps table? This doesn't matter and doesn't affect your chances of winning. The player isn't competing against other participants but against the house.
In addition to these two dice, you will also find a craps table with a specific design. It includes different sections corresponding to different types of bets. To place your bet on a specific event, you need to place your chips on the corresponding space so that the dealer can record it, following the rules of craps in land-based establishments - which are the same as the rules of online craps.
The delicate aspect of craps is mainly in the number of consecutive bets to place. To hope to win at craps, it is necessary to have a good sensitivity to these bets and above all, to know perfectly the ratio of winnings of each of them. The rest of this article, containing each craps rule, tells you more!
1st phase - Learn in detail how to play craps when the game is just starting
Craps can be divided into several stages that it is important to follow precisely. When you play craps online, the web casino of your choice generally provides a detailed explanation of the rules inherent to this game. To put it briefly, a game of craps looks more or less like the following.
1/ Players place their initial bets
They can bet on one of the following two events:
- ✤ “Pass” bet: also called Pass Line bet, it consists of betting that the player will roll a 7 or 11;
- ✤ "Do not pass" bet: or "Dont Pas Bar", it consists of betting that the player will roll a 2, 3 or 12 on his first throw.
2/ Now is the time for the “Come out roll”, or initial throw
This is when the caster rolls the dice for the first time. Depending on the roll of the dice, three scenarios are possible:
- ✤ A 7 or an 11 is rolled and the individuals who bet on “Pass” win. The others lose;
- ✤ He rolls a 2, 3 or even a 12 and the individuals who bet on “Do Not Pass” win. The others lose;
- ✤ He rolls a number between the number 4 and the number 10. The craps rule then refers to it as a "point" and the dealer places a marker on the table to show the value of the number rolled by the dice. The second phase of the game then begins.
2nd phase - The rules of craps become more complex here: don't panic, we describe them step by step
Once the point is established, phase 2 of the game begins.
The player can roll the dice again until the point is rolled again or the result is a 7. Bets placed during phase 1 are still active, but their workings will change as explained here:
- ✤ The player who bet on “Pass” will only win his bet if he redoes the established point before the 7 comes out, otherwise he will lose the amount invested during his initial bet;
- ✤ The player who bet on “Ne Passe” wins if the 7 is rolled before the established point.
Also note that to spice up the game, many other types of bets are open during this part of the game. We present the rules for these in the section below!
Let's now explore the craps rules applied on the bets available during the 2nd phase of the game
For the player, one of the major concerns in craps is knowing how to bet while understanding the craps rules. In fact, the player can rely on a fairly large number of bets, which we detail below.
- ♣ “Come” bet: Allows a player who enters the game during phase 2 to bet on the next roll. It is simply the equivalent of the "Pass" bet: if the dice roll a 7 or 11, the bet will be a winner. If a 2, 3, or 12 comes up, the bet is a loser. If the dice roll a 4, 5, 6, 8, or 10, the "come" point is established and the dealer places the puck on the corresponding value. The player must make the "come" point again for this bet to be valid.
- ♣ “Don’t come” bet: This is simply the opposite of the "come" bet. This bet wins if the player rolls a 2 or 3. When the player rolls a 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10, since the "come" bet is established, the player will need to roll a 7 for the "don't come" bet to win.
- ♣ “Odds” bet: an additional bet applicable on “Passe”, “Ne Passe Pas”, “Come” and “Don’t Come” bets which occurs after the first throw.
- ♣ “Field” bet: a bet that wins when the next roll of the dice is 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 or 12.
- ♣ “Big 6” and “Big 8” bets: the Big 6 bet allows you to win when the 6 comes out before the 7. The Big 8 bet gives you the right to win when the 8 comes out before the 7.
- ♣ “Place” bet: the player bets on whether the 4, 5, 6, 8 or 9 will come out before the 7 or vice versa.
- ♣ Bet “7”: this bet wins if the 7 is rolled on the next spin.
- ♣ Bet “11”: the winnings are yours if the 11 is rolled on the next spin.
- ♣ “Craps” bet: the bet is won if a craps hits in the next round, either a 2, 3 or 12.
Don't be afraid, this list can be impressive. But you will see that once you become familiar with the steps of a game of craps and training, you will become a true expert. Our advice regarding the rules of the craps game: practice now on our no deposit gaming space to retain the elements mentioned here more effectively without taking any risks.
You now know each craps rule: you still have to discover the betting ratios
This seems logical: an online casino will distribute different winnings depending on the risk taken by the participant on the games.
In the event of a winning bet, here are the dividends paid to the winners according to the types of bet:
|Types of bets||Earnings Report|
|Pass line bet||1 on 1|
|Bet Don't Pass Bar||1 on 1|
|Bet Come||1 on 1|
|Bet Don't Come||1 on 1|
|Big 6 or Big 8 bet||1 on 1|
|Bet Any 7||4 against 1|
|Bet Any 11||15 to 1|
|Field Bet with 3, 4, 9, 10,11||1 on 1|
|Field Bet with 2 or a 12||2 against 1|
|Bet Any Craps||7 to 1|
|Horn Bet on 3 or 11||15 to 1|
|Horn Bet on 2 or 12||30 to 1|
|Hardway bet on 4 or 10||7 to 1|
|Hardway bet on 6 or 8||9 to 1|
Thanks to the information present in this article, there is no longer any need to search for "how to play craps": you know everything about this fantastic game and are ready to now consult strategies to boost your chances of winning!